The Round-Up: Unofficial Guide to He-Man Reprint, Poe Ghostal Interview, SDCC Hellicarrier, more
Welcome to The Roundup, a new feature here on Pixel-Dan.com that will allow me to give some quick shout-outs, plugs, and just mention something toy related that caught my attention that may not necessarily warrant a full write-up. Here’s what’s on tap for this week’s roundup:
- - My good friend James “BustaToons” Eatock has announced the winning cover for the upcoming reprint of his Unofficial Guide to He-Man and the Masters of the Universe. He will be announcing the pre-order soon as well. This is quite an amazing resource, so if you missed out on it the first time make sure you jump on the reprint!
- - Poe Ghostal, another friend of mine, has conducted an interview with yours truly along with several other well-known toy reviewers to ask the tough question: How does receiving free samples from toy companies affect the reviews? I know this is a topic many will be interested in reading about, and hope that my answers are both well-received and make for a good read. Poe’s introduction is up now, and each individual interview will follow.
- - Over the weekend, Hasbro announced yet another San Diego Comic Con exclusive: The Avengers Hellicarrier playset that is over 4 foot long! Now we saw the Hellicarrier playset back at New York Toy Fair, but to my knowledge it has never actually hit retail stores. Now it’s almost a foot longer than before and is exclusive to SDCC. It will sell for a whopping $129.99, and surely be impossible to get home if you flew in. It also includes figures of Captain America and Maria Hill, though form the pictures they seem comic-styled and not movie-styled. Drat…I was hoping for the first-ever action figure of Robin Sparkles.
- - Reminder that Friday is Matty Day. It’s a big month, with 3 MOTU Classics Figures, another Voltron Lion, and a DCUC figure! Hope everyone has the funds ready to spend!
- - Non-toy related, but The Video Game Years 1979 Part 1 was posted over the weekend at RetrowareTV.com. I’m very happy to be a part of this very professional looking show. My hats off to the guys over there for all of their hard work on editing it each month. If you haven’t already, make sure you check it out!
That’s all I’ve got for this edition! Feel free to discuss below!